At Long & Foster, the health and safety of our clients is our top priority. As we approach cold and flu season, we wanted to share a few of the ways our teams work to protect our clients and themselves when selling a house.
FIRST THINGS FIRST
- We get creative. Virtual tours, virtual open houses and high-impact photography are great tools to help minimize unnecessary traffic through a home that’s on the market. We design the perfect mix of high-tech and in-person exposure for a property that we’re selling.
- Communication is key. If our sellers or anyone in their home has had any symptoms of Covid-19 (or been exposed to anyone with symptoms) within the last 14 days, we focus on virtual marketing until you’re in the clear.
Here are a few tasks we often complete for our clients before, during and after showings of their home, or we recommend they complete if preferred.
BEFORE EACH SHOWING
- Anticipate. Minimize the need for touching by opening curtains, interior doors and closet doors, and by turning on lights in all rooms and closets.
- Ventilate. If weather permits, open windows to allow for maximum ventilation during each tour.
- Separate. If it’s not possible for the sellers’ family to be outside of the home during the tour, please make sure pets and children are kept away from the action as much as possible during tours.
- Gear up. Anyone in the house during a tour (other than children under 2) should have a mask covering nose and mouth when in the same room as a visitor.
- Distance. Maintain a distance of at least 6’ from others at all times. No handshakes or fist-bumping!
AFTER EACH SHOWING
- Wipe it down. Wipe down any surfaces that may have been touched during the showing. As an additional measure, consider taking an extra pass with a disinfectant cleaner after everyone has left the property.
Your agent can also share with you more about how they’ll work to help keep you and your family safe while your home is on the market.
Note: This checklist has been repackaged from Leading Real Estate Companies of the World (LeadingRE), of which Long & Foster is a founding member.