The holiday season is here and it’s time for family, friends and lots of preparation for the festivities. Along with the cooking, cleaning and shopping you’ll do, if you’re expecting overnight guests, your to-do list just became a lot longer. If it all seems overwhelming, start now to make a master task list and tackle items in 30 minute bursts of time. It also helps to set deadlines so that you’ll be ready when guests arrive.
Whether you’re hosting a holiday party or having overnight visitors, here are some tips to help you get ready.
- Make room in your coat closet for guests’ coats, and line up extra hangers.
- Remove knick-knacks from your guest room to provide space for your guests’ belongings.
- Make sure there’s closet space for your guests to hang clothes.
- Plan your holiday menus, shopping list and cooking schedule.
- Gather and wash special occasion china and serving pieces, and polish any silver you’ll be using.
- Clean out your refrigerator and clear counters to make room for food preparation.
- Dust your china cabinets.
- Plan your centerpiece and other table decorations—you can even set your table a day in advance.
- Create a holiday playlist.
A little bit of organizing now will go a long way to easing your mind and creating time for you to enjoy your guests when they arrive.